- Election workers are called upon to work on Election Days in the City of Wyandotte and associated training days ONLY.
- You must be willing to identify your political party preference on the application.
- Each election has different staffing needs and individuals may not be called upon for EVERY election held in the City of Wyandotte.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- If you are 18 years of age or better, you MUST be a registered voter in the State of Michigan.
- Must complete and file an Election Inspector Application. The applicant must list a political party affiliation (not independent) on the application.
- Must attend a MANDATORY paid training session(s) prior to working as an election inspector.
- Must have no felony or election fraud convictions.
- An inspector cannot be a candidate, challenger, or member of the Board of Canvassers.
- A member of a candidate's immediate family cannot serve as an election inspector.
Election Day Requirements
- The polling place must be open for voting between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- A majority of the board must be in attendance at the polling place at all times during the election. For example, if the board consists of four inspectors, at least three must remain on duty at all times. A member of the election board can leave to eat or vote (with the Chairperson's approval) as long as his/her absence does not interrupt the orderly operation of the polling place and a majority of the board is still present.
- Election inspectors must report for work at the time set by the Wyandotte City Clerk, usually around 6:00 a.m.
- After the polls close at 8:00 p.m., election inspectors must prepare the election materials that are delivered to City Hall by the Chairperson and Co-Chairperson. The rest of the supplies and equipment must also be stored before leaving the polling place.
Current Pay Rates
- Inspectors receive $150 for Election Day.
- Co-Chairpersons receive $175 for Election Day.
- Chairpersons receive $200 for Election Day.
- Please apply in person, M-F from 8:30-4:30, at:
Wyandotte City Clerk’s Office
3200 Biddle Ave., Suite 100
Wyandotte, MI 48192
If you have any questions, please call (734) 324-4560
ELECTION WORKER RESOURCES: