The Wyandotte Department of Public Service’s goal is to provide a
bare pavement quality recognized by many other Snow Belt cities.
Proper control of parking and traffic contributes significantly to
reducing response time and operational costs. We ask that you
cooperate in the following ways:
- If you hire a private contractor for snow removal services
please remind them not to plow snow into the public roadway.
This is not only disruptive to local traffic and snow removal
operations, but it is illegal.
- Refrain from parking vehicles on any street during
snow and sleet. If a snow emergency is declared, all parked
vehicles must be removed from the street.
- Do not use snow blowers to blow snow in the street.
- Do not let children play on the mounds of snow near
the roadway. It is difficult for snowplow operators to see
- Once your street is plowed ‘curb to curb’ you may park
your automobile back on the street.
- The following priorities for removing snow and ice
from local roads are:
1. Police and fire facilities, bridges, hills and curves.
2. Major road networks and emergency routes.
3. The balance of the local roads.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding snow removal, you
may contact the DPS at 734- 324-4580 or
For after hours emergencies, please call our 24/7 Emergency Number:
734-324-4405 (Wyandotte Police Department).